Last updated on July 1, 2015.
1. The Information We Collect
How we collect and store information depends on how you use the Site. Several categories of information are collected from you, as described below.
Information You Provide
We may collect information about you during your use of the Site if you choose to provide it to us, including your name, email address, zip code, and password. The decision to provide us with information is optional; however, if you elect not to provide certain information, you may not be able to access some content, features, or services. You may provide us with information about yourself when you engage in various activities on the Site, including when you:
- Create or log into your account;
- Create or edit your user information;
- Request certain features (e.g., newsletters, updates, and other products); or
- Contact us with questions.
We may automatically collect certain information about the computer or devices you use to access the Site, even if you are not logged in.
Device/usage information. We may automatically collect certain information about: (a) the computer or devices (including mobile devices) you use to access the Site, such as: IP addresses, unique device identifiers, browser types, browser language, operating system, Internet service provider; and (b) clickstream information related to the ways in which you interact with the Site, such as: referring and exit pages and URLs, platform type, language, the number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages and content viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time you used the Site, the frequency of your use of the Site, and error logs. As described further below, we may use third-party analytics providers and technologies, including cookies and similar tools, to assist in collecting this information.
Cookies and other electronic technologies. When you use the Site or view our emails, we and our vendors may use persistent and session cookies and other similar technologies (such as Web beacons, pixel tags, and clear GIFs) for various purposes including to: (a) analyze use of the Site; (b) customize the Site to your preferences; and (c) control the advertising displayed on the Site and in our emails, as well as advertisements that may be displayed on other websites. Cookies are files that websites and email services may send to your computer or device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings on your device. As we adopt additional technologies, we may gather information through other methods.
Information from Third Parties
We may obtain additional information about you from third parties such as marketers, partners, researchers, and others.
Anonymous or De-Identified Data
2. How We Use the Information We Collect.
We use the information that we collect in order to:
- Customize the content and advertising that you see on the Site;
- Provide you with the services you have requested (such as deal notification emails) and send you information about your relationship or transactions with us;
- Notify you about new features of the Site, special events, special promotions, and send you newsletters;
- Generate and review reports and data about our user base and Site usage patterns;
- Analyze the accuracy, effectiveness, usability, or popularity of the Site and perform research regarding our users and how they use the Site;
- Improve the content and features of the Site and develop new services;
- Provide you with marketing communications about our products and third-party products and services that we believe may be of interest to you;
- Help prevent fraud and enforce the legal terms that govern your use of the Site; and
- Administer and troubleshoot the Site.
We may combine information that we collect from you with other information we obtain from third parties and any other product or service we provide to further improve the relevance and effectiveness of products, services, and advertisements offered on or through the Site.
3. Information Sharing and Disclosure.
We may share your information for the following purposes:
- Service Providers. We may share your information with service providers that help us deliver the services you request, such as credit card processors, advertisers, analytics providers, data management services, web hosting, and web development. Service providers are permitted to use your information only to provide these services to us.
- Third Parties. Pure Vino may share your information with third parties (such as other companies, websites, or marketers) to provide you with offers or special promotions regarding products and services that may be of interest to you.
- Business Transactions. As we continue to develop our business, we may share your information in connection with any merger, reorganization, a sale of some or all Pure Vino assets, or a financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
- Consent. We may share your information in any other circumstances where we have your consent.
4. Online Analytics and Tailored Advertising
Online Analytics. We may use third-party web analytics services on our Site, such as those of Google Analytics. These service providers use the sort of technology described in the Automatically-Collected Information section above to help us analyze how users use the Site, including by noting the third-party website from which you arrive. The information collected by the technology will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers, who use the information to evaluate your use of the Site. To prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser by clicking here.
Do Not Track Disclosure. We are committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information collected on our Site for third party purposes, and that is why we provide the above links to the NAI and DAA opt-outs. However, we do not currently recognize or respond to browser-initiated Do Not Track signals, as the Internet industry is still working on Do Not Track standards, implementations and solutions.
5. Information Access.
Through your account settings, you may access and, in some cases, change the information you have provided about yourself (e.g., name, email, zip code, and password). The information you can view and update through your account settings may change as the Site changes.
6. How We Protect Information.
7. Communication Choices.
8. Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed their personal information (if any) for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of personal information disclosed to those parties. If you are a California resident and would like to request this information, please submit your request in an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Linked Sites and Services.
Our Site is not intended for users under 21. We therefore do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly allow such persons to use our Site. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verified parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any personal information from a child under 13, please contact us using the contact information below.
11. How to Contact Us.
12. Changes to this Policy.